- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or another liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- Toppings: Diamond of California® Chopped Pecans and dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300°F and place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium-size-bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together all wet ingredients.
- Then, add dry ingredients and mix again. You will want the texture of the batter to be like cookie dough, not too sticky though! Malleable enough so that you can knead it.
- Break dough into 2 equal parts and create 2 logs about 12 inches long x 3 inches wide. )My logs were about a finger high.)
- Bake logs at 300°F for ~25 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes.
- At a 45-degree angle, cut your pieces of biscotti. (I cut about 10 biscotti out of each log.)
- Even spread biscotti on baking sheet and bake at 300°F for 10 minutes. Then, flip biscotti over and bake for another 10 minutes.
RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY FIT FOODIE FINDS