Walnut Crusted Salmon Bites with Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce
Walnut Marketing Board
These salmon bites make great appetizers or tapas. To make entree size portions, cut salmon fillets into 4-ounce portions, follow other instructions, and extend baking time to 15 minutes.
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup California walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup Panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinless, cut into 1" cubes
- APRICOT GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, white and pale green stem, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
- Preheat oven to 400° F, Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
- For the salmon bites: In another small bowl, whisk together jam and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts, bread crumbs, and cilantro. Process a few turns until blended but still a coarse texture.
- Brush salmon pieces with the jam mixture. Coat each piece evenly with the walnut bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce.