Pasta with Pancetta & Walnuts
Walnut Marketing Board
A light, flavorful, colorful pasta dish that features smoky pancetta, peppery arugula and crunchy toasted walnuts.
- 1 cup chopped pancetta (Italian sausage, lean bacon, or vegetables can be substituted)
- 1 cup toasted California walnuts
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 medium chopped garlic cloves
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup chopped fresh arugula
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated Romano and Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound penne or linguine pasta
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, and add the pasta. Cook 10 minutes or until al-dente, drain and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, and add the onion, garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the pancetta is crisp and golden.
- Add white wine, basil and thyme, cook 3 minutes. Add arugula, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, add salt and freshly grated white pepper to taste, then toss with the reserved pasta and toss well.
- Divide the pasta evenly among four dinner plates, top with grated cheese and serve.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chef Edie Franz, The Faultline Restaurant