Light Farmhouse Walnut Frittata
Walnut Marketing Board
What's a frittata? It's basically a quiche without the crust. You can vary the recipe by using different vegetables and herbs. Try zucchini and basil for an Italian version.
- ⅓ cup each julienne yellow, red and green peppers
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 ½ cups egg substitute
- 2 Tbsps nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a medium oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté peppers, scallions and walnuts in skillet until vegetables are soft.
- Beat egg substitute, add yogurt and pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of frittata and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are well set.
- Cut into wedges and serve. Serves 4.