Grilled Walnut Panini Sandwiches
Walnut Marketing Board
Sandwiches have never tasted this good! Bring your leftover holiday turkey, ham, pork or roast beef to life with the addition of some melted cheese, cranberry sauce or chutney and crunchy walnuts. Grill to perfection and enjoy.
8 thick slices of egg bread
2 tablespoons butter, softened
16 oz. sliced turkey breast meat
4 tablespoons California walnuts, chopped
4 oz. Havarti cheese or brie
¼ cup cranberry sauce or chutney
- Ham and Old White Cheddar: Substitute turkey, Havarti cheese and cranberry chutney with equal amounts of ham, old white cheddar cheese and honey mustard.
- Spicy Roast Beef: Substitute turkey, Havarti cheese and cranberry chutney with equal amounts of roast beef, brie and horseradish mayonnaise.
- Roast Pork and Apricot: Substitute turkey, Havarti cheese and cranberry chutney with sliced roast pork, stilton and apricot preserves.
- Butter one side of each bread slice.
- Turn 4 pieces butter side down on a work surface. Arrange 2 slices of turkey on each piece of bread. Sprinkle with walnut pieces. Top each with a slice of Havarti or brie. Spread cranberry chutney on the unbuttered side of remaining slices of bread and place butter side up.
- Grill on a preheated grill or in a skillet until sandwiches are golden on both sides and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.