Broccoli Walnut Noodles
Walnut Marketing Board
This is a quick and easy side dish with a zesty citrus and olive oil dressing.
10 oz. extra-wide curly "no yolk" noodles
2 lbs. broccoli, steamed (florets and peeled stems, cut into ½-inch slices)
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup chopped California walnuts
Juice of one lemon
Juice of ½ orange
Grated zest of one lemon
½ tsp ground pepper
- Cook noodles al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add walnuts. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Combine noodles and broccoli. Add walnut-oil mixture and toss well. Add citrus juices, zest, and pepper and toss well again.
- (Optional: Add ½ cup diced smoked turkey, low-fat chicken sausage, or seasoned tofu).
- Serves 4.